Part 1 of my art-making-intensive week: Gelli plate workshop

gelli plate print
I'm in the midst of an art-instensive week. It started last Saturday, with a daylong workshop on Gelli plate printing, one of my addictions passions.

We printed on paper, file folders, cardboard, card stock. For designs and texture, we used all kinds of recycled refuse for masks and stencils -- cupcake holders, wrinkled plastic bags, bubble wrap. 

Here are a few of my favorite prints.

I made a stencil of my own hand and produced this Blair Witch-y print.
gelli plate print
 Here, the design on the bottom layer comes from bubble wrap and the middle from a cupcake holder. To make the frame, I masked off the middle of the plate with card stock.
gelli plate print
This one has the same kind of frame. I like everything except the big brown blobs. What was I thinking?
gelli plate print
Probably my favorite. I like the distressed look of the purple and brown background. The red circle and golden rays came from stencils.
gelli plate print
I cut a person-shape out of a file folder to make a mask-stencil pair. I was going for spooky, but I ended up with vaguely friendly (it was even worse before I cut off the shoes!).  But at least the print will be fun to embellish later. 
gelli plate print

Comments

  1. Can't beat the Gelli plates for inciting a riot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment