Pop-up thank-you notes with crazy fonts and old photos

What comes after the holidays? Thank-you notes, of course. This year, I tried designing my own upcycled cards, made out of glossy pages from an interior design catalog (which I picked up at the annual Seattle Zero Landfill event). 


After a couple of false starts, I ended up with an accordion pop-up card, taken from Helen Hiebert's fabulous guide,  Playing with Pop-ups. Here are 3 of the cards, shown from above.
handmade popup thank you cards

The "thank you" is on the inside popups -- once in English and once in Italian. The outside popup says "Happy 2017." To add visual interest, I grabbed an assortment of fonts from old Wired magazines. 
handmade popup thank you cards
On the front and back, I pasted small photos from an old college yearbook.

handmade popup thank you cards

handmade popup thank you cards
But I forgot one thing -- space to write a personal message! To fix this, I made another card that holds the popup, enclosed in a small handmade envelope. There's space on the back to write.

handmade popup thank you cards


Comments

  1. How lucky the recipients of our hand-made cards are! Totally fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment