Collage in a blue mood

Take a peek at another spread in my journal, layer by layer:

LAYER 1: I ripped up old dictionary pages that I had painted and stenciled previously and pasted them at random.
Making a collage, layer by layer

LAYER 2: I dripped blue acrylic ink onto the pages and then rotated, shook and tapped to drive the ink around the spread. 
Making a collage, layer by layer

LAYER 3: I slathered on watered-down white gesso.
Making a collage, layer by layer

LAYER 4: I added circles and ovals, punched out of magazine ads, and then lightly sanded the pages.
Making a collage, layer by layer

LAYER 5: I added focal point images and text. I'm happy with how the two ladies appear to be talking to each other.
Making a collage, layer by layer

See previous spreads:


Comments

  1. Wow - thanks for sharing how you built your layers - love the final spread....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great spread! I love those painted/stenciled dictionary pages - I'm going to have to try that! The blue paint addition is really cool too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment