Collage bookmarks from a lazy artist

When I'm itching to make collages but don't have any ideas for a big project, I make bookmarks to send along with orders from my Etsy shop. Here's the latest set of 10 (front and back), made with ephemera within arms' reach of me and my scissors (I've started thinking of myself as a "lazy" artist).
handmade collage bookmarks
I made the backgrounds by tearing thin strips from magazine pages and combining contrasting colors and patterns.
handmade collage bookmarks
For the second set of bookmarks, I used handmade paper left over from another project.
handmade collage bookmarks
I sometimes experiment with new techniques on these small, skinny canvases. Below, I play with text snippets I transferred from book pages using Scotch tape. I've started a new project using this technique.
handmade collage bookmarks
If you look closely at the bookmark with the large fish, you may see a clue about where I got the cardboard for the substrate. (Hint: it's a box of my favorite salty crunchy treat.)

Comments

  1. Very fun. Fun little projects to include with orders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're all awesome & inspiring.
    I remember many years ago I made collage bookmarks, I think I have that pile somewhere still...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment