New embellished book -- Shape Color Pattern

At last fall's Zero Landfill Seattle event, I picked up a hardback book with photos of interior designs. Inspired by the colors, shapes and patterns in the photos, I decided to collage each spread with images of my own.

Many of the images came from a strange book I found at a thrift store. Colorsplash Chakras is filled with eerie photos taken with a lomographic camera, which produces special color effects.

Here's a flip-through of the book. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. 



To embellish the black fabric cover, I experimented with a bleach pen and some stencils. I like the effect.
Collaged book Color Pattern Shape
Here are each of the spreads. See if you can identify what shape/color/pattern inspired each one.

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Collaged book Color Pattern Shape

Comments

  1. Looks great, and I bet you had a fun time doing this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment