Kid stuff...collage book with kids art

One of my favorite non-profits is Donors Choose, where public school teachers post classroom projects that need funding. You can help buy books, headphones, tablets, even bean-bag chairs! I support high-need schools in my state.

One of the many rewards of donating is that you can choose to receive handwritten thank-you notes from the kids in the classroom you've supported. I've had a stack of these sitting on my desk for months. I didn't want to get rid of them, but I knew I couldn't keep them forever. So I made collages. 

I combined the kids' art with sentences from an old typing manual. I mounted each collage onto an old manilla file folder and bound them together into a spiral handmade book. So simple, but it works, I think...
Handmade artist book with kids art

Handmade artist book with kids art

Handmade artist book with kids art

Handmade artist book with kids art

Handmade artist book with kids art

Handmade artist book with kids art

Handmade artist book with kids art

Handmade artist book with kids art

This one is my favorite!
Handmade artist book with kids art

Handmade artist book with kids art

Handmade artist book with kids art

Handmade artist book with kids art

Handmade artist book with kids art

Handmade artist book with kids art

Here's a clumsy flip-through of the book.

Comments

  1. Haha, wow, I think they're awesome! This makes me want to cut out some kids art too. Now... where to find kids? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment