Where your treasure is...

My "art time" is in the early morning, when I first wake up (ok, when my cats wake me up.) I eat a bowl of cereal at my collage "station," while the light slowly comes into the room from the rising sun. This is where I make my smaller collages.

To work on larger collages, I move downstairs to my basement studio (in reality, most of the house counts as "studio"). Often, these take a long time to complete. This collage has been brewing for months. 

Collage by Wasnowart
In it, unhappy children are encircled by bejeweled bracelets, gold and silver necklaces, and other flashy gems. The title is "Where your treasure is..." after this biblical quote: 
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:21)
Where do we spend our treasure? "Treasure" can mean money, or attention, or even just our time. I fear we, as a society, aren't spending our riches on what really matters. Which is the point of this collage.

Below, you can see some of the children in more detail.
Collage by Wasnowart

Collage by Wasnowart

Collage by Wasnowart


Collage by Wasnowart

Comments