Fine-tuning my e-reader cover

In a previous post, I described my first attempt at transforming an old book cover into an e-reader cover. It was a start, but the result wasn't quite good enough to sell. For the second try, I used a smaller book, one that would fit a Kindle instead of an iPad.

Applying what I'd learned last time, I made the pad just a bit smaller than the e-reader, so that it wouldn't slide around. But the most important change involved the elastic. Instead of just gluing short strips on the back of each corner, I created longer loops and wrapped them around the back, like this:
ereader cover elastic
Although it looks like more, this is really just 2 loops, with the ends wrapped around the corners. I cut 2 strips the same length (16 in.) and sewed the ends together.
ereader cover elastic
The tension between the two ends of the loop should keep the elastic in place. (Props to my husband for suggesting this technique.) I glued the strips to the back of the pad, just to be sure. Before gluing, I made sure that, from the front, that the straps created the same size triangles at the corners so that they'd look even when the Kindle was in place.

From the front, it looks just the same as my first attempt -- but I'm pretty confident the elastic will hold better than just losing glue alone. And that's important when you're counting on it to keep your e-reader or tablet safe.
ereader cover elastic