Fantasy meets Sci Fi meets Gelli plate -- a small handmade book


handmade book made with gelli printsDo you have a Gelli plate? I got mine a few years ago. Since then, I've churned out hundreds of brightly colored abstract prints. They're almost too easy to make! 

I have soooooo many prints that I'm always looking for ways to incorporate them into my collages.

Recently, I watched a demonstration of how to make and layer Gelli prints on tissue paper. 

I had to try this technique! I made lots of prints, tore them into long strips, and then layered them to create the background for a small accordion book. 

As a focal point, I cut out the line drawings from an old Wizard of Oz book. I shuffled them in different orders and finally came up with a story line. Sort of. The text comes from a large-print version of Day of the Triffids. Fantasy meets science fiction!

Here are the front and back covers.
handmade book made with gelli prints


And these are the spreads, in order. Can you imagine a storyline?
handmade book made with gelli prints

handmade book made with gelli prints

handmade book made with gelli prints

handmade book made with gelli prints

handmade book made with gelli prints

handmade book made with gelli prints

handmade book made with gelli prints

handmade book made with gelli prints

Here's how I bound it:
handmade book made with gelli prints

Comments

Post a Comment