My first artist trading cards

When I first heard about artist trading cards (ATCs), I thought they were like baseball trading cards -- each one dedicated to a famous artist. I soon learned, however, that ATCs are small (2.5 x 3.5 in.) pieces of art that can be made by anyone, in any medium. And you don't even have to trade them! 

Recently, I made my first set of ATCs out of leftover paper bits from other collages. Here are the first 7:
my handmade artist trading cards

After reading this introduction to ATCs, I realize that I made a few mistakes. I made mine double-sided, so I can't put any info (like a date) on the back. And I probably should have picked a theme before I started instead of slapping together collages, willy nilly. But that's no fun!

You can see more of my ATCs here.

Comments

  1. I am glad you joined the ATC "revolution". These are great and guess what, there are no rules to making them. They are what you like them to be. :-) Good show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, John. I am quickly becoming an ATC addict!

      Delete
  2. ATC's are a lot of fun to make, and as you found out, they're a great way to use up small bits left over from other projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see my workspace -- it's covered with 100s of tiny paper scraps that I can't bear to throw away.

      Delete

Post a Comment