Inside Outside -- collage book about staying warm in the cold

Here in the Northwest, November days are short and dark. As I sit, cozy in my favorite chair, I watch the life outside -- kids, birds, fog, drizzle. And I think about all the people who don't have a place inside. How do they stay warm? Dry? Alive?

Such thoughts inspired this small accordion-fold book, called "Inside Outside." These are the front and back covers.
Handmade accordion fold collage book

  INSIDE

Handmade accordion fold collage book

Handmade accordion fold collage book

Handmade accordion fold collage book

  OUTSIDE

Handmade accordion fold collage book

Handmade accordion fold collage book

Handmade accordion fold collage book

Comments

  1. We are so lucky to have a favorite chair in which to sit and ponder the world. While on my trip to Ireland I encountered a homeless man. I gave him a Euro and proceeded to the parking machine next to where he was sitting on the sidewalk in the rain. The machine would not take my coin and it dropped to the ground. The man told me the machine was broken and that I would have to use a different one across the street. He earned the dropped Euro as well. I like that he was helpful and that we interacted. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment