To Photoshop or not to Photoshop?

Is it cheating to use Photoshop? When I scan my analog (paper) collages, I usually don't make major changes to the digital file -- just small adjustments and fixes. But sometimes, the collage begs for more. Like this postcard collage of our fearless leader. 

This is the original collage:

Altering collage with Photoshop
Below are the results of applying various Photoshop filters. I think they improve the original, but it also seems a little like cheating. What do you think?
Altering collage with Photoshop

Altering collage with Photoshop

Altering collage with Photoshop

Altering collage with Photoshop

Altering collage with Photoshop

Altering collage with Photoshop

Comments

  1. For me, it goes from being an original collage to being a digital art piece, but it's not cheating. It's just another way to play and get the result you want as a creative person. You go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment