Feelin' Groovy

I think I've found my own version of Zentangle -- a creative process that puts me into a meditative state of mind. It started with the backgrounds I made for my "Psychedelic Dancers" series. I realized I didn't have to start with a collage -- I could make an entire drawing with colored pencils. 

I made a list of all the "hippie talk" 70s slang I could think of and then started drawing. Choosing the color combinations was part of the fun (also an excuse to buy more Prismacolor pencils!)

Psychedelic Text

Psychedelic Text

Psychedelic Text

Psychedelic Text

Psychedelic Text

Psychedelic Text

Psychedelic Text

Psychedelic Text
I opened an online store on Threadless, where these designs and others can be printed on bags, shirts and other items. Before I advertise it more widely, I need to order some stuff myself, to see how well they are made. Stay tuned...

Comments