Postcards 7 & 8: London falling

Postcards 7 and 8 in the iHanna DIY Postcard Swap
I just got my addresses from Hanna (sponsor/head honcho/founder of the DIY Postcard Swap), so these babies are going into the mail soon. But not before I share them with you!


I call card #7 below "London Bridges" for obvious reasons. See the faint circles in the background? Those are tiddlywinks that I glued to the base paper. I wonder if they will wreck havoc at the post office  Clearly, the man and woman here don't mind a bit of chaos. They're hoping even more bits of building fall from the sky.
Collaged postcard
 Same color palette in card #8 and just as much goofiness. The sewing-pattern tissue paper in the background doesn't add much besides graphic interest. I like the way the circles on the left echo the man's steampunk glasses.
Collaged postcard


More like this

Posts by other swap participants (scroll down to the linkup links)

My cards: 


Comments

  1. oh I love these two.
    hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I think they're a little more upbeat than the others I made so far.

      Delete
  2. Looking at your cards I can imagine that you've really infused your personality into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, although I wonder what that MEANS about my personality. ha ha.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful cards you have made! I always find it diffucult to say goodbye to my "baby's". Life of an post-card-swapper is hard, don't you think ;-) !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deezy. Yes, it it an exercise in letting go, kind of like those sand sculptures that monks spend years on and then just blow away.

      Delete
  4. Things you don't See made it safe and sound. Thanks for the fun PC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment