Animal crackers in my soup...Shirley Temple paper dolls

 In a previous post, I confessed my obsession with online auctions. Almost every day brings another big box to my doorstep, filled with vintage goodies. A few days ago, I received a huge assortment of old paper dolls, including a set of Shirley Temples.

Shirley Temple paper dolls
Shirley, being a child superstar, has many fancy dresses:
Shirley Temple paper dolls
Shirley Temple paper dolls
But her life isn't all parties. She also bakes, studies and plays with her dolls.
Shirley Temple paper dolls
She loves the water, too!
Shirley Temple paper dolls
In fact, she's ready for almost anything -- sleep, snow, and even surgery (assuming that cape covers a nursing uniform).
Shirley Temple paper dolls
These clothes fit a small (6 in.) paper doll. My big box included a larger Shirely...much larger...

Shirley Temple paper dolls
She came with a life-size wardrobe, too...along with another famous friend.

Also, if you're wondering what this all has to do with animal crackers, see one of Shirley's early performances:

Comments