Well-loved paper dolls from vintage newspaper

In my last post, I introduced the Shirley Temple paper dolls I won in an online auction. In fact, there were many more paper dolls in the lot I received. Here's another batch, featuring a strange cast of characters and vintage fashion.

Paper dolls from vintage newspaper
I don't recognize anyone -- probably before my time. I'm not sure how the "modern" people (1940s-era, I think) relate to the "old-fashioned" people (18th century?).
Paper dolls from vintage newspaper
Paper dolls from vintage newspaper
Someone took the time to carefully cut out each item and paste the fronts and backs together. (The people and some outfits are double-sided.) A few of the people even have back flaps, so they can stand on their own.
Paper dolls from vintage newspaper
Paper dolls from vintage newspaper
From the creases on the tags along the edge of the clothes, I can tell that someone actually played with these dolls. I wonder who she or he was and what kind of stories they made up. Also, I wonder what they'd think of me adding their dolls to my collages.
Paper dolls from vintage newspaper
I guess I'll never know...

Comments

  1. Love them, they are soo pretty. I used to play with paper dolls as a kid and had a few different sets I remember. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment